This grand list of tips, tricks, and activities originated as a Google Document shared with everyone involved in the making of Attention: People With Body Parts
. This continues to act as an inspirational space for folks deciding which body part to write to and those who struggle to recognize the alignment between the body/mind.
*Please note that not every suggestion on this list is a safe or viable option for every body*
- Have someone trace out outline of your body with sidewalk chalk or marker
- Take close up photos of random parts of your body (a patch of skin on your leg, the inside of your ear, etc). Study them.
- Go a day without speaking
- Listen to Andrea Gibson
- Watch Seven Pounds and/or Wit
- Take a bath
- Eat slowly
- Sleep outside, preferably somewhere textured.
- Make a list of safe spaces. Visit them if possible.
- Sex--the good kind.
- This(sorry a majority of them are female bodied)
- Hold your breath
- Listen to someone else's heartbeat or your own
- Close your eyes more often
- Look at old pictures of yourself: how has your body changed?
- Wear clothes you really like, and clothes you've never tried...wear someone else's clothes!
- Hang out with animals; try to get on their level
- Draw yourself inside-out